PAGES

SLIDER

I'm back.......

Thursday, January 20, 2011

OK, so I got through Christmas and New Years, and the sessions I meant to blog before Christmas never got blogged.  SO.......I'm just going to start with something recent (like last weekend) and then move backwards in my posts.  
 Last weekend was the ladies' conference at River City Church.  It was a blast; with great speakers, worship, music, terrific food, and getting to hang out with the girls.  Guess what my job was......you are correct....photos! 
  I set up a photo-booth for the ladies to get some fun pictures with their friends. 
And yes, there were some men at the conference working behind the scenes in child care, food service and music... Way to go guys!

Pastor Jessi Gibson speaking, with her baby on her hip.  It was an illustrated sermon during which she got a pedicure.  Can your pastor carry a baby, get a pedicure and preach a life changing message all at the same time?  Mine can!  :0)

  Pastor Sarah Wehrli speaking.  Pastor Sarah and her husband Caleb are the founders of Inspire International.  They have been missionaries to several countries in Asia.

Pastor Brian Gibson also spoke at the conference.  Good sermon as always.
We even had a few special guests.  If you live around Owensboro then you may have heard the hilarious Kizzy on the radio every now and then.  She did not let us down and had us laughing all the time.

The musical guest was Lacey Brown, who was on American Idol last season.  Lacey sang during the worship time and closed out the conference Friday night with a few of her new songs she has coming out.   Fabulous!  You can check out Lacey's new website here.

Check out the decor of the conference......



Several people worked hard decorating the church, they did a tremendous  job.   Meagan Williams created all the shoes displayed.  She's a talented artist by the way, you can check out her site here.

The worship music was excellent as usual.



 Of course you have to have chocolate at a womens' conference,
And shopping! A silent auction was going on with proceeds going to Life Impact International. A bizarre was also set up for women to display their talents; sewing, knitting, crocheting, art, etc. I put up a display of some of the new portrait products I had gotten in recently.  Many thanks to my good friend Sarah Wellmeier for helping me put up my display. 





I have to give a shout out to Robin Jones for assisting me with the photo-booth and to Carrie Colbert for taking some great candid shots during the party.  Thanks ladies!  It took many people to make the conference a success, and I think they all did a wonderful job.  I'm looking forward to next year's conference!

Click here to see a slideshow of more photos from the conference.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger